Tipro is a Slovenian and formerly Yugoslavian manufacturer of commercial and industrial terminals and peripherals. It was formally incorporated in 1991, but existed prior to this as “delovna organizacija za proizvodnjo tipk in tipkovnic” (“working organisation for the production of keys and keyboards”): conventional businesses as we understand them were not permitted in Yugoslavia. According to Tipro, the organisation was formed around 1985 by staff from IEVT. Following Slovenia’s independence, Tipro was able to incorporate as a conventional business. The old logo has the P and R overlaid, as though it originally read as “Tip Pro”. Further investigation is likely to require someone who understands Croatian or Slovenian.
- Tipro keyboards
- Tipro switches:
- TC Series reed switches, a continuation of IEVT Serije TC
- SMK-style, presumably TY Series and a derivative of IEVT Serije TY
- TZ Series “MX-style”, a continuation of IEVT Serije TZ
- Tipro also manufactured IEVT’s range of keycaps
- IEVT/Tipro tipke serije TZ, TY, TC, glave tipk serije Z, Y scanned by Tipro