Wishlist: switches and other parts
I seek the following parts, or at least I did at the time of writing. New old stock (NOS) is generally desired because it allows parts to be photographed (either by myself in typically lousy fashion, or by others) in factory condition instead of used condition with damage from soldering. If used, they must be as close to new condition as possible. Part numbers are not required—most NOS parts are sold without part numbers—but switches in any condition (including broken) are acceptable if they come with an authentic part number.
Switches below marked as acceptable in used condition do not need to look as-new; they are for part number collection and implementation analysis where condition is not important, and even minor damage is not a concern so long as the switch mechanism functions sufficient for understanding.
For other wishlist categories, see the main wishlist page.
- Fujitsu classic reed types (FES-1, FES-5, FES-8, FES-9)
- Fujitsu Hall effect (FES-8, FES-9 if it exists)
- FES-360-511 with confirmed part number
- FES-360 switches (except FES-360-511) with part numbers
- FES-370 switches
- MR reed switches
- Linear ITW low-profile ferrite core switches (never observed, but implied to exist)
- Keycaps for the low-profile ferrite core switches for compatibility testing
- Any keyboard switches, including used
- Series 3100 mechanical switches
- “Vintage linear” switches, likely Series 6300
- Elastic contact switches (series name as-of-yet not observed)
- Mercutronic types (including M-5)
- T-5 models with part numbers
- Gold V-bar models (LFW and LM series)
- T-15 switches with orange elastic
- DN series switches
- 1SW300 Series switches (known but not understood or observed)
- SW Series secretarial shift (this may be 1SW300)
- KB Series reed types not in collection
- Mitsumi clicky miniature mechanical (including used; for destructive disassembly)
- Mitsumi switches with part numbers
All of the following can be used.
- B3G switches
- “Alps-style” switches
- Hall effect switches, B2A/B2C/B2H
- Tactile and alternate action B2R reed switches
- Low profile reed, if it exists
- Siemens original STB 11/STB 21 keycaps, for compatibility testing