by Daniel Beardsmore
Previous bug-fixes and changes
New features in 1.0d10
- Scoreboard files can not be expored to a shared folder on a network for setting up a server-side scores web page.
- [Mac] Opt+Return now performs /me on the chat input line, as in Mac IRC clients.
- [Mac] URLs in chat text can now be lauched with Cmd-click. I cannot confirm this, because my installation of Mac OS 9 already does this in many apps, including all written in REALbasic, and it bypasses my code.
- Now places the name of the opponent in game window title bars.
- /say added to the chat system (for any ShadowIRC users).
- Added an on-connect sound, so you can have another app active while you wait for someone to connect; taken from Soldiers of the Sun 68K.
- Screenshotting now implemented, albeit not too well. [PhAtfiSh]
- Chat messages consisting of multiple lines are now formatted neatly.
- [Win32] Boss Mode implemented, you can type Ctrl-H to hide the program. [Vasudan66]
- Scoreboard entries can now be selected and copied to the clipboard.
- /tickle added to the chat system. [macfemme]
Bugs fixed in 1.0d10
- The chat display box no longer loses its focus after text has been selected.
- [Win32] Cancel no longer causes a crash in the initial user select screen.
- [Win32] The Show Scoreboard menu item now protected so that it cant be called with a dialog open.
- A coding error has been removed from the App.EnableMenuItems event, it didnt seem to be causing any problems, though.
- [Mac] In numerous places, the menu bar is now properly re-activated after a dialog box is closed, including all StdDialog calls.
- [Mac] Double-clicking on C-4 files in the Finder displays a better error now (no longer gets "preferences file" and "scores file" around the wrong way).
- /nick called by the winner when a game is in the won state will not give the winner another go; this was a fantastic bug which could let you cheat and get multiple wins.
Other changes in 1.0d10
- Keyboard shortcut for Preferences totally removed now.
- Can close the Scorebaord and Chat Command Reference windows with Cmd/Ctrl+W now.
- Sensible handling of, and renaming of, the Close Game/Window menu item, especially under Windows.
- Status group box widened to match the width of the scoreboard group box.
- Now shows "Stand by..." message in game window when connecting is in progress.
- Some initial code in place for support for game settings and hence move time limitations. [PhAtfiSh]
- Initial (but faulty) implementation of a global floating system implemented. [PhAtfiSh]
New features in 1.0d9
- Ctrl+click (Mac) or right click (Win32) on the chat console for a handy shortcuts menu.
Bugs fixed in 1.0d9
- Use of /me no longer shows wrong player performing the action at the receiving end.
- /poke messages now appear in the correct colour.
- Another Game button is no longer disabled under Windows when a connection attempt fails (never disabled at all now). The button is hidden instead.
- Win32: Dialog boxes no longer have their own taskbar icons (RB 3.5.2)
- Win32: In the Connect dialog, the set to server, Connect, Abort sequence no longer leaves the Connect button disabled.
- Win32: Keyboard shortcuts work properly in the chat console now.
- Spaces in screen names are now correctly retrieved from scoreboard files.
- The entire /away system works properly now.
- Last-piece marking set to detect all Mac clients now.
- Cancel button no longer shows in Windows when the game window first appears.
- Win32: Sound is now always available, even with the app in then background.
- Win32: the Preferences keyboard shortcut is dead; it is no longer there in Windows.
Other changes in 1.0d9
- Player colours are taken from the prefs at the beginning of every game, not just at the beginning of each game session.
- Auto-prompt-for-connect unconditionally enabled, it works well enough now under Windows for it to be re-enabled there.
- Large alterations to the socket code; a new CFSPsocket class handles the CFSP sends for the game, and its superclass, CodeUsableSocket, now encapsulates the buffer-read code.
- When playing against yourself, in the auxiliary window you are now called Alter ego; helps to distinguish between the two sides.
New features in 1.0d8
- StdAboutDialog fitted, at last; the About dialog is much prettier now :)
- Multi-screen name support is near to completion
- CFSP now up to 0.3 connection now closed by the local end (appears to not upset older Mac clients, although it may crash older Windows clients); provision for sending system messages to the remote client added also
- You now cant poke players who are away ;)
- Quick-hack of a sound system created, offering sound at last!
- /vers now returns the OSes of both players, and, when showing the version of Mac clients, whether the Mac version is Classic or Carbon
Bugs fixed in 1.0d8
- Under Windows, game window contents get cleared out when re-using it for another game session.
- Correct protocol version now shown (0.1 vs 0) for unknown clients.
- Removed prefs and scores folders existence checks, because they seem pointless, and generated incorrect errors under Windows (hence 1.0d7 for Windows being taken down).
- Window closing of game windows now behaves sensibly, under Mac OS at least; the close box still closes the window (even after a Yes/No prompt) but the Finish button does not; also, quit now will close all active games under Mac OS, but its behaviour (under either OS) is rather dubious for when games are set up against yourself, because it prompts you to close both windows.
- With luck, the chat console input line and the remote IP edit fields will initally get the focus in their respective dialog boxes.
- Possible fix to the supposed problem of the Close button failing in mode gsCLOSING (such as if the connection has dropped on the game)
- Several more ellipses replaced with three-character versions [Chris]
- The name entry dialog now has a Cancel button fitted.
- Text containing line breaks sent via chat should no longer cause CFSP errors.
- /nick should now update the next-go indicator with the new name
- Use of /nick no longer causes the name provided with /nick to be used for the scoreboard entry
- If there is insufficient memory to open a second game window in Game.start during self-connect mode, the first game window is now only shut down if it was not created by the method.
- The scoreboard has been overhauled:
- Skill ratio now correctly calculated
- Scoreboard window reduced in height, as it was too big before; a minimum height is also in place to prevent the window being reduced below a sensible height
- Skill ratio no longer has extraneous decimal places, but the number is not rounded up
- Moves made now not recorded for games where youve not won
- If you've not won, skill ratio is now (no wins) [Chris]
- If wins is 0 for any entry, moves now reads N/A
- Numerical scoreboard columns content is all centrally aligned
- Scoreboard now features a summary line
- Scoreboard window dynamically updated when you change user
Other changes in 1.0d8
- Automatic prompting to connect has been disabled under Windows, because its screwed. It looks to be a compiler problem, so I can fix it.
- An alternative method of marking the last piece played, for Windows support, was tried, but since that also failed, last-piece marking has been completely disabled under all games where one or more players is running Windows, so as to not give Mac users an unfair advantage. However, due to protocol changes, it currently doesnt work for Mac-Mac games either.
- Icon designs revised, for improvement, and for Mac OS X support.
- Status bar errors now expire after half a minute.
- Rebuilt the chat system, the main differences to the user are: more consistent indenting, and incorrect chat commands are now rejected, and not sent to the other player. However, *poke* is no longer recognised at the moment.