Bug of the moment 2007-04-12
I am not sure if my Macintosh is feeling under the weather or whether (since its uptime is only 15 days) the following is simply a case of me taking (literally) seven years to notice this problem. This is how Key Caps portrays my keyboard:
I am a little confused, because:
- Enter is shown as backwards tab
- Page up is shown as return
- Page down is shown as backwards return (I can only assume that this, along with backwards tab, is for right-to-left support for locales that type English right-to-left)
- Help is shown as shift
- Home, end and delete are shown as squares
- The function keys are all shown as down arrow
- Num lock AKA clear is shown as escape
I am also at loss as to why escape, page down, home etc. are shown with symbols (even if they’re wrong) while the arrow keys, backspace etc are all drawn blank. I draw a blank at this one.
At least it made it to Apple’s “Fix this for X” list:
On the subject of “Did I really only just notice this now?” what is up with this?
I am well accustomed to different windows on a desktop using different widget sets, but two different widget sets within the same window? Why would Fetch deliberately draw its own pop-up menus? It’s not like pop-up menus were one of the widgets that Apple didn’t introduce until Mac OS 8.
Posted 12th April 2007 – Comments and questions?