Notices for 21st March 2007 to 26th February 2007
Wednesday, 21st March 2007
I have just released what seems to be my first ever public Windows-only application: a filename batch rename tool that uses a list of regular expressions to rename multiple files at once. It uses the same syntax as Batch-RegEx. It is a personal project that I find extremely useful, but as always, once it’s reliable enough, it is worth posting for the public at large.
Like Batch-RegEx, it has many limitations that are simply due to a lack of time or desire to implement but could easily be resolved should any interest arise.
The irony of it having “MacApps” in its URL is not lost on me … one day, I need to find a satisfactory method to rename that part of my site once and for all.
Sunday, 11th March 2007
Another Bug of the Moment entry today.
Monday, 26th February 2007
Well, no new updates for over a month, but I’ve gathered up a few things now. First and foremost, I have fixed my Grippie REALbasic classes to resolve a significant flaw in the design. I mistakenly believed that the size grip in a dialog box is smaller than the one used in a document window (since it stood to reason), but in fact this was due to me using a smaller width scroll bar than normal. (Anything I can change, I will.) I always get really nervous at release time for anything – what have I slipped up on and broken this time – so do let me know if it’s still broken! I have no idea if anyone has even ever downloaded it (aside from bots) but I hope it proves useful to someone, somewhere.
Likewise, I have no idea how many fans Bug of the Moment has, but if I do have any, they may be a bit disappointed with me :) Thus, Bug of the Moment is also updated with a new entry with a variety of creepy crawlies.